Focus on French Cinema is happy to announce that we have secured several nominated films that will be presented at our 2017 festival.
For your information:
Francophone films have gathered several Academy-Award nominations:
– Best Actress: Isabelle Huppert (Elle)–France
– Best Animated Feature: My Life as a Zucchini (Ma Vie de Courgette)–Switzerland/France and The Red Turtle (La Tortue rouge)-France/Belgium
– Best Foreign Film: The Salesman (Le Client)–France/Iran
– Best Short Film (Live Action): The Railroad Lady (La Femme et le TGV)–Switzerland and Enemies Within (Ennemis intérieurs)–France
– Best Short Film (Animated): Blind Vaysha (Vaysha l’aveugle)–Canada/France
L’Académie des César has favored:
– Frantz and Elle–11 nominations each
– Slack Bay (Ma Loute)–9 nominations
– From the Land of the Moon (Mal de pierres)–8 nominations
– Divines–7 nominations
– It’s Only the End of the World (Juste la fin du monde) and The Dancer (La Danseuse)–6 nominations each
Both award ceremonies will be held over the same weekend, on February 26 and February 24, respectively-follow them on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Will this year’s Focus on French Cinema selection be even more prestigious than in past years? Stay tuned for further news to be announced throughout February and March!
In related news, Nathalie Baye, Focus on French Cinema 2016 Guest of Honor, has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress (It’s Only the End of the World/Juste la fin du monde). This marks her 10th César nomination; she has already won two Best Actress and two Best Supporting Actress awards in years past. Congratulations from the FFC Team!