The 21st edition of the Cinemania Film Festival in Montréal offers a wide-ranging selection of 37 current French and Francophone films.
This includes films that were presented at the 68th Annual Cannes Film Festival:
- Standing Tall (La Tête haute): Directed by Emmanuelle Bercot and starring Catherine Deneuve. This film launched the international film festival and received rave reviews.
- Dheepan: Palme d’Or winner- directed by Jacques Audiard.
- My King (Mon Roi): Directed by Maïwenn. ‘Best Actress’ winner Emmanuelle Bercot.
- The Wakhan Front (Ni le ciel ni la terre): Directed by Clément Cogitore. Cannes Critic’s Week premiere and award winner (actor in FFC 2014 La Sapienza: André).
- Disorder (Maryland): Directed by Alice Winocour, starring Diane Kruger and Matthias Schoenaerts.
- Marguerite & Julien: Nominated for the Palme d’Or. Directed by Valerie Donzelli.
- The Anarchists (Les Anarchistes): Directed by Elie Wageman, starring Tahar Rahim and Adèle Exarchopoulos (Blue is the Warmest Color).
- Valley of Love: Nominated for the Palme d’Or. Directed by Guillaume Nicloux, reuniting Isabelle Huppert and Gerard Depardieu 35 years after The Nun (La Religieuse).
Films from Angoulême 2015:
- A Decent Man (Je ne suis pas un salaud): ‘Best Actor’ Nicolas Duvauchelle (also starred in Welcome to Argentina FFC 2012). Directed by Emmanuel Finkiel.
- Families (Belles Familles): Directed by renowned “cineaste” Jean-Paul Rappineau starring Mathieu Amalric and Gilles Lellouche. This director assembled an exceptional cast that opened the 2015 Festival du film francophone d’Angoulême.
- I am a Soldier (Je suis un soldat): Directorial debut for Laurent Larivière starring Louise Bourgoin and president of the jury Jean-Hugues Anglade.
- The Smell of Mandarin (L’Odeur de la mandarine): Directed by Gilles Legrand with Olivier Gourmet.
- Un + Une: Directed by Claude Lelouch starring Jean Dujardin and FFC 2009 guest Christophe Lambert.
Dix Pour Cent (10%), produced by FFC 2014 & 2015 Guest Dominique Besnehard, exposing the colorful lives of talent agents in France.
And also two films shown at FFC 2015:
- FFC 2015 US Premiere The Clearstream Affair (L’Enquête)
- FFC 2015 NY Premiere Once in a Lifetime (Les Héritiers)